The Village is eager to welcome new members.
Membership is open to all residents of Cleveland and Woodley Park. We have no age restrictions, though our volunteer services focus on our senior neighbors. Members include both individuals and couples. Anyone can belong, whether you are physically independent or require some assistance with mobility.
To speak to someone about membership, contact the Village office at (202) 615-5853 or email us at email@example.com.
Membership Levels to Fit Your Needs
We offer two levels of membership designed to fit your needs, whether you are interested in expanding social engagements with neighbors or require help from our volunteers that will make independent living easier.
Basic Membership is for members who want to meet neighbors and engage in our active social calendar. Basic Members will make new friends, enjoy community events and get the most of what our neighborhood and city have to offer. The cost is $300 per year per person – that’s $25 a month (and it’s all tax-deductible).
We plan a full schedule of social activities, including:
- Lunch Bunch, a weekly lunch at a local restaurant (separate checks).
- Village Voices, our community speaker series
- A Salon speakers series, hosted in neighbors’ homes
- Book clubs for all interests (both fiction and nonfiction!)
- Technology clinics, tutoring and assistance
- Fitness and walking groups
- Card and game gatherings
- And more!
Membership Plus includes all the benefits of our Basic Membership and access to the personal assistance offered by our dedicated volunteers. Village volunteers perform a range of services to support members when requested, including small household tasks, transportation or support with technology. The cost for an individual Membership Plus is $575 annually (just under $50 a month) or $875 annually for a couple.
Volunteer assistance includes:
- Small household chores, lawn care, and yard tasks
- Social visits and conversation
- Tutorials for computers, cell phones, and other gadgets
- Rides to doctors, shopping, social and cultural events, and other destinations
- Participation in social and cultural activities and meeting neighbors
- Information and referral to services and assistance available in the community
Membership Support: To serve as many of our neighbors as possible, we offer Membership at a reduced rate for those who are income-eligible.
For more information, contact the Village office at 202-615-5853 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Check us out on Facebook!
Looking for even more assistance? We have a great partnership with IONA Senior Services located at 4125 Albemarle Street, NW. If you or your loved one needs assistance that perhaps we can’t provide, IONA offers a range of services that supplement what our Village can offer. IONA’s famous FREE Resource Guide is now available online. Please click on the book to access this valuable resource.